Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

After Grace left

Grace left after almost 3 weeks, about 3 weeks ago and we had a wonderful time, but after she left we realised how difficult it must have been for Grace to navigate herself around our kitchen! So Ian and I tackled our pantry and kitchen cupboards and did a massive re-think and re-organisation. We had already all our pots and woks hanging from a rail from the ceiling but what do you do with all the lids?? Well, I came up with a great idea!! It was a bit of a hassle to convince my 'installer", Ian, as was just too simple and he said no way would it work! So let me share.. free of charge! Am very proud of this and cheap as chips!

2 small cup screws and heavy elastic bands.. get it? Screw a pair onto inside of all kitchen cupboard doors at suitable width and height, loop elastic band on both and slip one lid through! See Pics! No rattling around and easy find! Ian had to agree was a great idea! Another one from me! Ha!
This is the gorgeous carrot cake I made.
carrot cake with cream cheese icing.
and this is what's left not long after - see the pistachios!

No comments:

Post a Comment